Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Just learned a little technology trick from the following post by Rick Broida: how to turn Vista sleep button into power button. then you don't have to mouse over to another menu and choose Shut Down from a list of half a dozen options. You can click the power button. Here is how to do it:
1. Open the Control Panel and go to Power Options.
2. Click Change plan settings for your selected power plan.
3. Click Change advanced power settings.
4. Expand Power buttons and lid.
5. Expand Start menu power button.
6. Change the setting from Sleep to Shut down.
7. Click OK.